Música miércoles (music Wednesday)
Chayanne de Puerto Rico: Torero
We’re start the Spanish class Wednesday’s by watching a music video (or lyrics video) of a current or classic song in Spanish! Then we answer questions and have a discussion about the song in the Spanish language!
This is many students’ favorite day of the week for the reason that many students enjoy listening to music plus they get to:
- Listening to the Spanish language through song.
- They are being exposed to new genres and artists of Spanish speaking music.
- They learning the geography of where the many artists are from.
- Hearing different accents and slang from various parts of the Spanish speaking world.
- Getting catchy music stuck in their head.
- Cultivating an interest in new music.
- Bringing up cultural similarities and differences.
- Making learning Spanish.
- Having students excited to come to Spanish class!